Monday, May 3, 2010

GaGa for My Greek

Stepho's ain't got nothing on this. My Greek Taverna in Coquitlam is THE BOMB Y'ALL. It's a bit of a drive from my place, but it is sooooooo worth it. The portions are HUGE, the service is quick, but make sure you call ahead to make reservations because this place is bumpin'! Their roast lamb dish above is deeee-licious! Served on a mountainbed of rice, with potatoes, greek salad, and pita bread - you'll have enough leftover for the next day too! Their chicken/beef souvlaki and kalamari dinners are also really good ... mMMmMm, I can never make up my mind when I'm there! Craving it right now...

I also have a new found love for this tarama dish. From my research, tarama is traditionally made from fish roe (mainly cod) mixed with potatoes or bread crumbs. To me, it tastes like there's sour cream or mayo in it. It's the perfect appetizer to get you going for the main dish. Below, is where I first had it at Stefano's in New West. Again, my friend MA introduced me to this and have been addicted ever since!! (Referred to as taramasalata there)


3 comments:

  1. Okay, I gotta also try this place out.

    The roast lamb looks so delicious. I just finished eating dinner and, after looking at your blog, STILL want to eat that dish.

    Can't go wrong with quick service and huge portions (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm love Greek food. I actually had the taramasalada at stefanos on Friday and thought of you :)...by the way the food was soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man really craving this dish in Mexico right about now!!!

    ReplyDelete