Thursday, May 6, 2010

Can't Go Wrong at The Keg!

Their amazing sourdough starter bread with whipped butter. My mom's favorite!

I know that restaurants like The Keg and Swiss Chalet aren't anything special but they are ranked amongst my favorite restaurants. The main reason being the price/portion ratio and because it's always been a consistent satisfaction every time. On a rainy Monday night, I dined with my dearest cousin LW to congratulate him on his best report card ever! This menu was also part of Dine Out Vancouver 2010. We started off with the french onion soup which was cheese crusted with goodness and their garlic shrimp. There was a certain ingredient in the shrimp dish that really irked me and I can't tell what it was, I wasn't a fan though.

For dinner, LW had the steak with crab and red pepper sauce with the twice baked potato. For those of you who aren't aware of this side option (since it's not listed on the menu), DO TRY THIS!!! They bake the potato, stuff the inside with handfuls of toppings, and then bake it again! What a delicious idea!

I, of course opted for their prime rib. I usually like my steaks done medium rare but with my prime ribs, medium is good enough. I can do without the horseradish but the au jus for dipping is delectable! I also love mixing in the fried onions with the mashed potatoes and then scooping a bit on each bite of the meat - pure deliciousness!

We finished off with 2 'dessert shots'. Chocolate fudge on the left (which is to die for) and the banana caramel on the right (not the best). My brother-in-law JC, also savagely finishes one of the Billy Miner pies to himself every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment