Sunday, May 2, 2010

East is East = Back Pains

Yes, that is literally what I remember most from dining at East is East. We had to sit on these wooden uncomfortable stools made for hobbits, with no back support, the table was low and skinny which barefly fit our food and we had to put our drinks on the ground. Yes, the seating arrangement was THAT bad. Even a friend of mine who is shorter and super tiny complained! It's not just me! Anyway, I had to keep getting up and stretching throughout the meal and my back hurt for days after (partly blamed on my past dragon boating life of course).

Now I can't rave too much about the food either. We opted for the $20 dollar 'all-you-can-eat' menu where you can choose to try different entrees and can refill your rice, bread, dips, that sort of thing. I can honestly say that none of the dishes REALLY stood out to me. Maybe I was blindsided by how irritated I was, but it's no biggie compared to the Indian resto I do put on a pedastool, Vij's. On the bright side, it was also my first time having a yogurt lassie, which I've been meaning to try for some time now. The Kashmiri Sunset you see above is made with mango and cardamom. Definitely a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment