Friday, April 23, 2010

A Shout Out to Sushi

I am definitely no sushi expert but Sushi Town, Sushi Garden, Sushi California, you name the time and place, and I'm there! Talk about really affordable, giant rolls and speedy service. I likey. Above, is their coveted Alaska Roll drizzled with that finger lickin' good 'miso sauce'.

I also love me some spicy salmon sashimi everytime I'm there as well. For me, there is a huge difference between plain sashimi and when it's marinated in that sweet/spicy sauce tossed with cucumbers and radish. It's THAT much better. Now it would be rude of me to post these pictures up and not mention my pals SC and JY who are so madly in love with sushi, it's crazy! So here I am, giving you some sushi love.

Yummy, I much prefer my dynamite 'roll' in cone form. Can't get enough of that prawn tempura ... everyone should give it a whirl. As for that unagi nigiri - barf. I hate the taste of eels and always think of Ursula's comrades as I bite into it. Poor Ariel.

Another recent sushi adventure I had was at The Eatery. While I love their wide selection and funky as hell decor, their sushi is just okay. Their famous 'Captain Crunch' roll is above, deep fried and all, but it just doesn't hit the spot.

However, that night, we went for it. We ordered the deep fried Mars bar with ice cream and boy, did it not disappoint. MmmmMmm, I'd do it again. Yes I would.

4 comments:

  1. MmMMmmmM the sushi looks so YUmMMMYYyyyYY :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to put up a picture of rocco on my blog, just for the hell of it. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha go ahead, he's such a pig.. and post those cute pictures up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm... deep-fried Mars bar, sounds indulgent! I saw that on Nigella Bites once, but didn't know we can get it in Vancouver. Gotta get JC out one night to try it.

    ReplyDelete