Sunday, April 25, 2010

Always and Forever a Pig at Heart ... Even at Work!

Let me tell you about the night where I almost passed out at dinner because the beef short rib was SO delicious. It was at the new Vancouver Convention Centre for the Life Sciences BC Awards Gala and when the entree was served, I was in food heaven. Talk about love at first bite - literally. I love my beef extremely tender and the fattier the better (I know that may gross some people out). It just soaks up the juice so well!! I couldn't stop talking about this dish to everyone that night. I was obsessed with the flavor. Honestly, it was so amazing that I would pay big bucks to eat it again. If you ever get the chance, DO IT UP at VCC.

I must say that 1 perk from my job is that I get to try foods at hotels, convention centres or events that I wouldn't normally get the opportunity to. It's strange when I pull out my camera to take a shot, but I just have to sneak at least 1 to remember the goodness. Above, we got to dine at the Image Group luncheon provided at the TOPS show, also at the Vancouver Convention Centre. It was all you can eat featuring mustard crusted lamb and sesame coated salmon. Yum! I don't know what it is, but free bread and butter is always so satisfying.

This recent Indian Food Coma was had on Friday with a few of the gals from work. We took a short stroll to Salam Bombay on Thurlow street and gabbed over fresh naan bread, butter chicken, tandoori chicken, seafood curry, lamb curry, saag paneer and my favorite, eggplant dip. All you can eat for $15.00 - what a steal!

2 comments:

  1. mmmm the saag paneer was so good! i really liked eating the eggplant dip with the naan too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment B =) We will for sure have to dine there before you embark on your India trip!!

    ReplyDelete