Sunday, July 11, 2010

Heavenly Meat AND Doughnut balls at Italian Kitchen!

My stomach is seriously growling just re-capping the scrumptious meal I had at Italian Kitchen. And I've only uploaded the photos! Italian Kitchen, one of the many delicious restaurants by The Glowbal Collection, serves its name justice with an extended menu of Italian pasta and pizza favorites. Let's kick this off by talking about their meatballs, their Kobe meatballs to be exact. Does this even need an explanation? Think top notch meat, rounded and plumped to perfection, mixed in a spicy tomato basil sauce, herbed ricotta cheese and tossed with spaghetti strands a plenty. DEEEEEEELISH!

I decided to try out another form of their Kobe meat, in a baked lasagne paired with a tartly dressed organic green salad. This plate was just as appetizing and lighter on the food load.

I also got to sample a slice of the lamb sausage and peppered goat cheese pizza you see here. HOT DAMN this was one flavorful and original pizza. Baked in the oven with wild mushrooms and a free range egg, this pie was tantalizing in flavor and oozing with cheese, exactly how I like my pizzas. I am definitely going to order this next time! Thankfully, I work just down the street so this food is easily accessible for me.

To finish off our delectable meal, we ordered their famous 'Zeppole ci Cioccolato', Italian style doughnuts with a surprise filling of chocolate ganache and then dipped in a creme anglaise. Can you say HEAVEN?! Rumble in the Bronx is happening in my stomach right now from the nolstagia of my amazing food experience there. Trust me people, give all these dishes a whirl!

4 comments:

  1. mmm i like Italian Kitchen, too! It's waaay better than Trattoria, imo. The meatballs at Trattoria were SO DAMN SALTY! I second liking the lamb sausage pizza, too! And i'm gonna try the donuts next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, those doughnuts are to die for! Gotta have them again soon! Haha Rumble in the Bronx sounds like your 9am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These doughnuts are a MUST!!! Damn, drooling right now. Rumble in the Bronx is a great metaphor for many things! Haha!

    ReplyDelete