Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Girls' Night Out Is Never Complete Without Great Food

By now, I'm sure you've all heard of the Milestone's Girls' Night Out promotion on Mondays where you get 4 bellinis and 4 select appetizers for $40! Their bellinis are one of my faves because the alcohol level isn't too strong and they come with fun animal figurines! We came here before watching SATC2, very fitting I know. I'm not sure why I keep ending up at Milestone's even though I much prefer Joey's, Cactus and Earl's but hey, it's much better than crappy Moxie's!

Choosing from only a selection of 6 different appetizers (I think they should up the selection), we had the delicious crispy honey phyllo shrimp which was by far, the best. Although, it only came with 7 shrimp and you would think that if the promotion was for 4 girls, it would come with 8 to even it out but apparently, no, they weigh the amount and it is what it is (this phrase taken from my gal pal TS who was there with me that night). Dumb rule!

Next we had their hot spinach and artichoke dip which I've always found to be a bit runny but was still satisfying in taste. In my mind, nothing can trump my fave crab, Parmesan and spinach dip from The Keg. Served with deliciously thick pita style chips, easily the tastiest dip of all time.

I definitely love me some goat cheese so we had their baked goat cheese and slow-roasted garlic flat bread plate which was delicious. Accompaniments included corn, salsa and a cranberry jam but it was quite difficult to spread the cheese, garlic and some on that skinny piece of flat bread. Something to keep in mind when ordering, too messy and oily for a date!

And to top it off, we had the California Spring Salad with a few of my favorite salad ingredients, goat cheese, glazed pecans, and strawberries. Refreshingly delightful! I would recommend this promotion to you but keep in mind that even if you go with less girls, you still have to order the 4 bellinis and 4 appetizers. And I'm told that they have zero tolerance for substitutions, not even a Pepsi for the bellini! Not accommodating at all ...

On another note, my gal pals and I had brunch here one morning after going out the previous night and their menu had a wide array of comfort food offerings. Two dishes that stuck out was their strawberry french toast with vanilla frosting (which helped to coat the 'eggy taste' according to MA) and my staple, the avocado, shrimp and bacon benny, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment