Monday, March 21, 2011

Seafood Pancakes from the House of Suh

My silly friend SS lovesss spreading good cheer and good food. It's an innate quality in her and the entire Suh family - they love to give. In fact, they follow my food philosophy 'sharing is caring' to the tee and I'm very lucky to be a constant recipient of their generosity. So thank you to the House of Suh for enriching my knowledge of Korean food. :)

This is my second post on homemade food by the Suhs. The first time being delicious kimbap by LS and now seafood pancakes aka heh mool been deh duk by SS (or really, just her mama). Most of you have probably tried this crispy, crunchy, doughy delight in any Korean restaurant but how many of you non-Koreans can say you've had it homemade? I can!!! The base ingredients consist of Korean pancake mix, green onions and egg.This version is tossed with imitation crab, octopus, squid, oysters, onions and zucchini and then pan fried to a golden brown. Then dipped in a mixture of vinegar and soy sauce. Yum! I also recently got to sample kimchi pancake by my friend HS which will be posted shortly. :)

SS was super thoughtful in that she had her mom also prepare me some of my favorite Korean side dish - stewed potatoes in sugar, soya sauce, sesame oil and sesame. Oh and probably the best ingredient, love!

And I will end this post with an irresistible donut 'qua beh gee' from the Korean supermarket, H-Mart. Made with rice flour 'chap sal', twisted and fried and topped off with sugar and cinnamon, this amazing pastry is reminiscent of something I compare to a beaver's tail from Londsale Quay or zeppole from Scuie. Scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment