Monday, March 7, 2011

Life Doesn't Get Any Better Than a Loaded Baked Spaghetti Dish

For a lovely birthday treat last year, my dear friend AK baked me a 'nasty' loaded spaghetti to celebrate foodie style. This was my first sampling of her home cooked goodness and she did not fail my satisfaction scale one bit. This dish had everything a pasta lover could dream of: al dente strands of spaghetti, a perfect blend of Italian spices, mushrooms-a-plenty, meat & veggies and LOTS OF CHEEEEEESE!

Even though this was one of the heaviest pasta meals I've had in my life (thanks to the delicious whipping cream), my stomach neglected to send signals to my brain and I just kept scooping more and more servings until I became damn stuffed! But no regrets pals, take a side view look at that monster of a dish. Way to go 'Paris'!

Luckily for us piggies, our third musketeer and health conscious friend AY, paired out meal with a light and tasty salad of greens, almonds, strawberries, avocados and cheese - dressed with a raspberry vinaigrette. Delightful :)

And to top it all off, the organized and neat teacher AK, wrote out the ingredients and recipe on her Martha-Stewart-like cooking sheets and passed along her secrets for me to share with all of you! Give this a whirl y'all as it will impress your carb-lovin' friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment