Friday, October 1, 2010

LC Strikes Again, This Time with Lemon Chicken and Pea Risotto

So my gourmet chef of a sister strikes again. This time, with savoury pea risotto and succulent lemon chicken (with a side sauce too!). She gets fancy guys. I don't know if I'll ever have the patience to cook risotto. Considering you have to constantly stir over the heated pot, dripping sweat, checking on everything else that's cooking. But I do love to eat it so I will give it a whirl one day and share my experience with y'all! She paired this meal with some good ol' homemade bruschetta and buttered carrots. MMmmMMm.

To her, everything is 'easy to make'. And although she lets me share her recipes with you, you'll never be able to eyeball everything the way she does. This woman needs no recipes! But, I promise you, it's not too hard to attempt at home and you'll continue to impress your friends. Her risotto is prepared by sauteing onions and garlic first, then adding the rice for 2 minutes. Here's the repetitive part. Adding ladles of chicken stock, stirring, waiting for the rice to absorb the liquid and then continuing until desired consistency. Repeat until rice is 'al dente'.

The lemon chicken marinade consists of fresh rosemary, thyme, olive oil, lots of lemon juice and lemon zest and marinated for at least 4 hours or overnight. Grill or roast in the oven, squeeze lemon on top and season generously with salt and pepper to finish. Juicy AND healthy, this is a killer combination. :)

5 comments:

  1. Whoa, Linda is awesome. Always love the posts about her food! So... like, when is she going to have another cousin's thing at her place? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of asking her to a host and 'all girl cousins potluck' or something like that! Would you be up for it? Btw, POSH soon please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I would be up for it! And yes, POSH soon please too! Will message you on FB later to figure out what day works best for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made risotto again last night, not as good as when I made it for you guys. Yeah, an all girls' cousin potluck sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMMMMMMMM, okay I will get this party started!!!

    ReplyDelete