Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Coconut and Lychee - A Must in Thai Desserts

One of my favorite perks of my new office is being steps away from Chili House! Which means if I'm still a bit hungry after eating my home cooked lunches, I can scoot on over for some savory dessert and fruit-i-licious drinks! Now I've tried plenty of deep fried banana and ice cream desserts but this particular coconut ice cream at Chili House is by far the creamiest and most flavorful of them all. I wonder if it's made in-house or store bought? I must ask them on my next visit.

And of course I opted for a virgin Royal Thai which is a freaking delicious drink made with blended lychee juice and coconut milk, topped off with a plump lychee! The alcoholic version is called 'Woman on Top'. Don't get me wrong, Chili House also has other amazing desserts and yummy foods too but today's focus is on my two favorite recent finds there. Also, please be aware that Chili House is now closed for lunch (until spring 2011) and open for all-you-can-eat dinners with 29 items for just $16!!! I will definitely blog about that once I hit up the buffet!

4 comments:

  1. yum.. i haven't had deep fried banana in SO long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you worry, we'll order it at Tropika when we go soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg deep friend bananas are my favorite! Especially when it is topped with Vietnamese coffee ice cream :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT! With Viet coffee ice cream? Where's that? Or home made?

    ReplyDelete