Monday, August 30, 2010

An Estea Classic - Deep Fried Chicken on Rice with an Assorted Bean Slush

I have been a coming to Estea for their food and bubble tea ever since I was in high school. That must mean something. Although they have altered their staff, decor and dishes many times over and over again, I will still drive the distance for great bubble tea, chewy pearls and consistently good food. Years ago, their deep fried pork chop on rice with an amazing 'duck sauce' over rice paired with marinated egg and tofu was my favorite. Now the sides have changed and portions have become a wee bit smaller but it still remains a Phan fave. However, in the picture above, you will see my latest favorite, deep fried chicken on rice. I love how BBT places always have interesting sides to pair with their meals - it's a surprise every time. Delicious and reasonably priced at around $7-8.

This is also hands down, my all-time-favorite bubble tea flavor in the world! Assorted bean slush, hold on the pearls because you will be dang full after you've sipped the last bean. To non-Asians, it may sound weird to have beans in your cold, icey dessert drink but trust me on this one!!! Green, red, kidney, all types of beans blended with condensed milk = one satisfying Phan fave drink!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I love bean slush BBT too! Red bean is usually what I order all the time. Aaron thinks it's gross but I think it's soooooooooooo yummy. I want one now... mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all bean slushes but have you had the assorted bean? By far my fave ... and see, you proved my non-Asian comment to be true!

    ReplyDelete