Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chicken 65 at House of Dosas. A Hidden Gem, Indeed.

Damn. This is one freaking good chicken dish. Chicken 65 from House of Dosas. Legend tells it that this tender meat is marinated for 65 days, in a combination of irresistible sweet, salty and spicy herbs. Then served with a tangy ketchup-like sauce, this tiny ball of goodness is sure to set your mouth on a fiery path to pure food heaven satisfaction. I strongly urge you to give this dish a whirl as it's a Phan fave! AND, to top it off, RW introduced this to me who, if you remember, also termed my food blog, Phancouver.

Another Phan fave of mine is their Mango Lassi. I've had it at a few other places but this one trumps them all. Mango perfection blended with yogurt and other secretive spices to create a mouthful of soothing smoothie to calm my palate during a spicy Indian meal. Those who know me, know that I can't take spice but I will suffer the pain to endure the wonderful taste of the Chicken 65.

So my friends and I gathered at House of Dosas on a Monday evening, forgetting that on Mondays, their dosas are 5 dollars and the wait is super long! Plus, there is a DJ spinning some Jamaican-Indian infused songs so it's a pretty bumpin' place to be. I hope the picture does the dosa justice as they are long and intimidating. But don't be afraid. These Indian crepes are quite airy and filled with a curry to your liking as you can see below with my table eye's view.


It's too bad that I really don't remember the names of anything we ordered but I know that they were all delicious! I think I had tastes of similar dishes to eggplant curry, paneer, chicken and beef madras galore. Portions are generous and flavor is a plenty. Side dishes include rice, naan, pampa dam and tiny bowls of yogurt, coconut and other interesting accompaniments. Plus if you really enjoy cricket, that's all they play on their TVs!

Oh and I almost forgot to mention, I also saw a mouse here. :( Although that did freak a few of my friends out, that won't deter me from coming back!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha all these mouse places have pretty damn good food!! That chicken 65 was to die for!! We were doing so good trying new places out. We gotta get back to doing that soon!

    ReplyDelete