Monday, November 15, 2010

You Had Me at Crispy Ceci ...

What is this 'Crispy Ceci' you ask? It's tiny balls of deep fried chickpeas mixed with chillies, mint and citrus. I'm talking about Campangolo here - an Italian gem on the outskirts of Chinatown nestled right on Main Street. It is the best little appetizer ever and unique in every way. I'm pretty sure you haven't lived until you've tasted this crackling sensation in your mouth. VanMag published it, so it MUST be good!

Next up, word on the street was that after many revisions of the menu, their pork ragu was one of the few that survived. The Tagliatelle was definitely tasty and made with basil and Pecorino Romano cheese. However, the other two dishes outshone this one in my opinion.

My foodie friend CS opted for my second choice on the menu, their Carbonara pizza. Now you all know I am a LUVA of pasta carbonara, but imagine it on a PIZZA! With a sunny side egg cracked on top ... DROOL-A-RAMA! This pizza pie was HUGE in size and fluffy in dough like an elephant's ear. It was topped off with smoked provolone, bacon, cremini mushrooms and onions. I am screaming 'Excellente!' right now as I bring my fingers together, lift my hand to my mouth, touch my fingers to my lips and release a loud smooch of fireworks for this breathtaking dish!


Last but not least, SC chose their divine Pappardelle. Tossed with fennel sausage, rapini, garlic, parsley and breadcrumbs, this dish wrapped up our lunch quite nicely. I would 100% recommend this Italian resto to you all and hey, why not hit up the Cobalt across the street after? I did one once and it was one HELL of a night! ;)

4 comments:

  1. The food looks delicious! Thanks for the post Irene, this will be added to my "must-try" restaurant list!

    LH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment LH, and let me know how it goes! Took me a while to figure you out :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pizza looks so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angy, let's go for our next dinner!

    ReplyDelete