Friday, September 17, 2010

Rootin' for Rangoli's

My fellow foodie companions CS, SC and I love to try out new restaurants and foods every time we get together. It's a must. I've been to the world renowned Vij's but had never been to their petite better-known-for-lunch spot Rangoli's. Although I still love Vij's 10x more, Rangoli's delivered with just as much flavor, selection, amazing service and good portions. My scrumptious lamb in cumin and light cream curry above with rice and naan (my two favorite carbs).

SC's tamarind and yogurt marinated chicken was bursting with flavor at every bite, also paired with a sprouts salad.

I remember my first experience at Vij's. A line up of people in the cold with Vij's staff walking around with trays of fresh chai and pakoras to warm their insides while they dreamt of the meal they were about to have. We luckily came at 5pm and got to sit down right away but were still served the freebies. This is my favorite warm chai of all time (and people who know me, know I despise warm drinks).

Last but not least, CS had the spicy pulled pork on sauteed greens which was nicely done with sour cream chutney on the side. The tastes were magnificent this lunch!

And of course, CS is the queen of knowing exactly which dishes to order from her insider knowledge of rave reviews. So, she insisted that we try their rice pudding with almonds and cardamom and boy did this dish ace my taste test of meeting her standards of the best rice pudding around. mMmm, I can't wait to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment