Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pajo's Fish and Chips on a Sunny Steveston Day

Pajo's fish and chips on a sunny day in Steveston is the perfect way to spend a day off. This day I took a trip down to Richmond with two of my favorite gal pals SC and MA on the hunt to find Pajo's to see what the hype is all about. After our cute little stroll, we found the floating fortress of fried goodness.

Their menu is quite limited as I always like to have a sampler of fried oysters, calamari, shrimp and all that jazz but it only consisted of the usual cod, halibut and salmon. I opted for the 'cod bites' hoping they would be the size of McNuggets but they were more like cod strips, which was fine by me. They were delicious in flavor and perfectly battered. AND plentiful which is always a huge bonus for me. My other pals ordered the regular 2 pieces and we were stuffed. You can only take so much of the deep fried stuff. Note to self - share one order between two people next time.

Any chance I can get, I will poutine my fries. Gravy and cheese curds is like a cherry on top of a sundae. Give this place a whirl if you're in the neighborhood but definitely check out other fish and chip places to compare the variety on the menus first!

4 comments:

  1. mmm i really need to try this place asap...could be a real contender to Go Fish by Granville Island!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Fish has some pretty awesome stuff too ... but portions could be improved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another good day!! Really craving some pajos now. Next time let's go to rocky point in Port Moody for some Pajos.

    ReplyDelete